012.1 - The Burning Of A Moment.



Sometimes, moments can be hard. That fire that was burning in 'The Meadow' was still burning bright during the evening. Shaina, Roper and I ventured out there (first without flashlights) to see how close we could get. We got close enough for me to take a VERY dark picture. So dark in fact, that I had my first fumbled moment. Hey, moments can be pretty awkward sometimes, and sometimes they can be a little hard to put down on to paper.

So, what does one do with a too dark polaroid picture? Burn it, obviously. I had some matches on me, for some reason, so we found a nice cement pad at the school, and did our best to set the thing on fire. Who would have thought it'd be so hard to burn a picture...in a snow storm...a windy one. Regardless! Roper figured since we couldn't burn it, that he should climb a tree and put it up there. A good way to dispose of a good moment. I guess some moments are meant to be in our minds.

1 comment:

* shaina * * said...

i like that the moment got messed up. like it was alive.