010 - Weighty Ghost.



Wintersleep is a band from Halifax.

I first heard "Jaws of Life" and "Orca", their two popular tunes, from my friend Mike Simpson. When I read of their new record, I was pretty stoked to say the least. To my surprise, I found the record to be much more uplifting and positive, as opposed to their other two, which are much more sobering. Right away, the standout track was "Weighty Ghost", with it's triumphant choral chorus, "WHOAAA, HAVE YOU SEEN MY GHOST! SEEN MY GHOST, SEEN MY GHOST!"

After singing some songs for some kind people, we all went to Roper's for an after-party. It was one of those nights where you sit back, and enjoy the fact that you can hear five different conversations going on at once. As Alison, Josh and I sat on the couch, talking about everything/nothing, Wintersleep came on the stereo. It seemed like a fitting song for that night, for that moment.

1 comment:

Greg said...

Wintetrsleep is the shit!