009 - Love Is...



When I went to put my dishes away, Alison and Erin stopped me and asked how I was doing. In a normal situation like this I would have swayed forward and backward, and said something real calm like, "I'm goooooood." But today was a different situation. It was the third day in a LONG week, and I was pretty bummed out; I hadn't had a warm shower all week, and I had started drinking coffee again. Basically, I was a mess. So there we have Alison and Erin, two lovely girls, asking me how I was. I didn't want to be a total drag, and go into all the issues in my life, so I honestly, and non-sympathetically, said, "I'm not that great." Immediately they pulled up a chair, and they situated themselves in such a way that they were both facing me. So I sat down, and started going into some of the stuff that had been happening during the week. Alison had left at the start of the conversation, but when she came back she was eating a chocolate chocolate chip cookie. As she quietly nibbled away at it, I continued telling them about my week. Next thing I know, mid-sentence, Alison puts the cookie down on a plate, and rests it on my knee. At first I thought, "no thanks, I don't like double chocolate cookies." But when I took the second to look down at the cookie, I just happened to find one of the cutest gestures I'd ever seen.

My week ended much better than it started. Maybe it was the cookie, who knows.

2 comments:

* shaina * * said...

yah. or maybe it was the alison. OH! i'm funny.

Jamison said...

you're going to get me in trouble